Save the date – May 15th Learning and Fun Session
SSARC May 2018 Learning and Fun Session
Bring your own soda or coffee as needed.
Please RSVP so we can approximate supplies required.
To be held at Carnegie Village in our upstairs meeting area.
Tuesday, 15 May 2018 begins at 6:30 p.m. Note early start time.
Bring your two meter HTs.
We will divide into groups as required by attendance.
Each group will be building at least one, two meter, Ground Plane Antenna.
You will learn to:
1) Calculate antenna element length based upon frequency.
2) Gather raw materials to construct antenna.
3) Cut antenna elements to length required.
3) Solder antenna elements into the Ground Plane configuration.
4) Use assorted Antenna Analyzers to verify SWR and other electrical components of the antenna.
5) Trim antenna to required frequency until SWR is acceptable.
6) Connect antenna to YOUR HTs, make at least one contact, and receive a signal report.
7) If time allows, construct additional antennas for other group members to take home.
We hope to see you there and are looking forward to a fun session.